Monday, September 5, 2011

Let the Great World Spin

Colum McCann
One of the great writers of our time, Irish-born New York City author Colum McCann, wrote a masterpiece, Let the Great World Spin, a book that has been mentioned in my class many times.

Here is my reading of the introductory section that precedes the first chapter of Let the Great World Spin:


Here is the first part of the first chapter, "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here" (YouTube has a 15-minute limit on the length of YouTube videos, so I have to break chapters up into parts):



Here, then, is the second part of the first chapter:




I will add other chapters/sections over time....

2 comments:

  1. Your reading voice is divine, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, John, I'll bet you say that to all the busty boys in boas with shit-eating grins....Oops, I thought you said Divine, with a capital "D"!

    ReplyDelete